Wednesday, May 24, 2006

2007 Migration options

After reading Joel Oleson's post about migration scenario's I was very keen to see what would happen if I attached a existing 2003 content database to the new 2007 configuration. But what amazed me was the fist question during installation of Sharepoint 2007. I could choose whether I wanted a) to gradually migrate from a existing configuration (the heavy customized and large environments) b) just migrate from the existing configuration c) to install this version next to the 2003 version Because I want to attach a existing database I choose option C btw.. the only thing that did annoy me was being prompted for what seemed like hours with the following screen : To be continued...

1 comment:

digital signature Adobe Acrobat said...

Hi there! glad to drop by your page and found these very interesting and informative stuff. Thanks for sharing, keep it up!