Thursday, June 22, 2006

SP2 problems

Ok so I just installed wss & sps sp2 on a sharepoint environment (which was an default installation with no servicepacks or hotfixes) and it just went to smooth. It is a heavily customized environment with 4 portals and 240 teamsites and nothing was changed ! I suspected that the ows.css file was overwritten, that a couple of templates were missing, etc, etc. But it was all there! So i checked whether the virtual servers were upgraded and to my suprise, they were and so where the portals (checked via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 > Click for support). Then I checked all the dll's and they were also upgraded. Then I checked the .aspx's that were supposed to be overwritten but they WEREN'T! After a couple of hours googling I still haven't found the problem/cause. Ok it is not that much of a problem but a couple of things were nice. For instance when you create a site via the portal and you deselected the 'list this site in the sitedirectory' you still have to fill in the 'description' and 'owner' field even when they are grayed out. This was fixed in SP1 if I'm not mistaken. Help anyone? :)

1 comment:

digital signature Adobe said...

I blog frequently and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has really peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new details.