Monday, August 21, 2006

2003 to 2007 migration

As I blogged earlier, I'm trying to migrate existing 2003 sites to a 2007 environment. The only solution here is (because the 2007 environment is set on a single test machine without a 2003 installation) to migrate the content databases. Things I'm running into are : - large content databases causes the 'migration wizard' to fail, although I can resume the conversion after the failure, this is not what I want to see. I reckon that the failures are due the lack of memory on my testmachine - small content databases (made especially for this migration due to site backups from production environment to a acceptation environment in a new content database) are relatively easy to convert and no errors are given. Now I should specify that a large content database in this context is about 10gb big and a small content database is around 60mb. So there is quite a big gap to be covered :)

No comments: